Internet Service Providers
We at Internet Service Providers, offer the best internet providers for you to choose from. Our comprehensive reviews and ratings will help you make an informed decision in choosing reliable internet for your home or business.
- High-Speed Internet
- Wi-Fi access on the go
- FREE 24/7 technical support
- Fast, Secure, and Reliable
- Starting just at 14.95/month (w/ 1-yr term and qualifying service)
- Satellite Internet
- Lightning-Fast Internet Anywhere
- Bundle & Save Deal
- Always-on satellite connection
- Up to 10Mbps Download
- Top Rated Broadband Service in America
- Internet 50/25 Mbps
- Incredible Speeds
- Free email, Wi-Fi access on the go
- Bundle and Save
- No Contract. 3 year price-lock
- Download speeds up to 40 Mbps (where available)
- Save by Bundling
- No phone line required
- Price-Lock Guarantee
The web presents a vast array of opportunities for businesses to succeed. Unlike decades ago when the web was still under-utilized, both small and large business entities can now take full advantage of these opportunities to reach a wider audience than before. We are talking of having a fully functionally website, a reliable internet service provider, and a virtual store which operates 24 hours a day.
Because of all the benefits of using the web, many businesses have now switched to having a full time presence on the web. And if you are just starting out, one of the things you must consider is how you are going to find the right internet service provider. In order to make the right decision here, you need to start by knowing who your internet service provider will be, how to find one and what to look for in an ISP company.
Who are internet service providers?
Internet service providers are companies that have specialized in providing internet services either to large business entities or for person use. Depending on the package available, users are required to subscribe to a package in which they will be paying on a monthly basis. You'll be provided with your own username, your password and an access phone number.
It's very easy to set it up and start browsing. For individuals who may not use large bundles of data, they may only need a modem, open their browsers and start surfing the website of their choice. However, for companies who may want to use large amounts of data, they may be required to purchase other modem hardware to facilitate the use of this service. Generally speaking, internet service providers take care of all your internet connection needs.
But how do you find a reliable internet service provider?
The fact is, there are many internet service providers today. Not of them will provide you with the exact thing you need. And keep in mind that the choice you make today will determine how reliable and fast your internet connection will be. But before this, you need to know the types of internet services available.
Broadband is an umbrella term to mean satellite, cable, DSL and fiber optic services. These are also known as high-speed internet that keeps you connected at all times. Then there is dial-up (still being used and people pay for it). Unless you really have no option, it's recommended that you go for a broadband connection.
DSL is much cheaper than broadband options. Again, the speeds you get from DSL are much stable and consistent because in most cases, you get a dedicated line. The only downside of DSL is that the quality of your connection depends on the distance between you and the provider's station. The longer it is, the less reliable your connection becomes.
With cable broadband, the quality of your connection doesn't depend on the distance. Again, this option performs much faster than DSL or satellite, and is widely available than fiber optic cable. The only limitation is that you are sharing bandwidth with other users. The higher the traffic, the slower the connection becomes. See our internet service providers FAQs, to find more answers to the questions you might have.
Now, when choosing an internet service provider, you need to consider the following:
- The pricing and contracts – Because there are a number of ISP providers out there, it means you are going to encounter several pricing options too. Some of the ISPs won't force you to purchase their own equipment, and so if you buy them from elsewhere, it is perfectly fine. Some will offer you free installation, while others charge an extra fee. And multi-year contracts sometimes are quite expensive, so you'll have to avoid them. The bottom line is to choose an Internet Service Provider who will give you what you want at a price you are comfortable to pay.
- Downloads and upload speeds – We all want a fast internet, where we can download and upload with no hitches at all. But again this has to fall within your budget. The plan you choose should be based on favorable download and upload speeds. If you know some of your friends who use different ISPs, you should ask them to guide you on which company offers the best when it comes to internet speeds.
- The terms of service – Before you sign the contract, ensure you know what the limitations are. For example, some ISPs may have a certain maximum limit of data usage one may utilize in one month. And some may even restrict you from running a file or a web server. You should consider all these things before you sign the contract.
- Other utilities – They may trick you to make you feel like you are really getting great value for your money. So they may provide you with things like anti-virus program subscription, personal webpages etc. But there's one cool add-on you might find, and that's fee access to WiFi hotspots.
- The reliability of your SP – They must be reliable in providing their services as they promised. There's nothing that puts off more than wanting to use a service that keeps breaking. An unreliable internet connection means you won't be able to do your job well.
- Customer support – How efficient is their support system? And do they provide a phone, email or chat support system where you can reach them anytime things go wrong? Generally, the support system must prove satisfactory in all areas you may need help from.
With these guidelines, you are now ready to find your ideal Internet service provider. After all, you are only entitled for the best Internet service provider because you are paying. Don't make ignorant decisions as they are costly.